Working with the Social T. Team
We provide creative, EFFECTIVE and efficient social media services to our valued clients. as a team, we empower one another to be the best they can be! Continued education, events and community involvement are highly encouraged and supported.
SOCIAL T. Values
Junior Photographer & Videographer
Social T. is looking for a passionate entry-level visual media professional to join our Visual Communications team. If you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, seek the opportunity to grow and can apply innovative visual storytelling techniques to communicate compelling, enduring stories then this is the perfect contract opportunity for you.
Our inspiration for this role comes from a female entrepreneur we admire. View her YouTube channel and social profiles HERE.
- Capture and create visuals that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint and similar visual impressions.
- Utilize your own equipment and editing technology to produce professional photo and video content for: product marketing; client testimonials; on- and off-site events; vlogs and recorded or live social media.
- Be a creative team player capable of collaborating with our social media content team and a variety of clients.
- Be passionate about visual storytelling, work as part of a team or as a one-person crew and has proven success with effective, creative ways of communicating. Identify/capture dynamic and engaging imagery for story-driven creative solutions that maintain the Social T. or client brand while also meeting client/project requirements across existing/emerging visual communications mediums that reflect project vision and engage end-users.
- Be a creative team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and demonstrate a positive attitude. Provide excellent customer service skills on projects from concept through delivery. Required to learn and understand technical program content and combine that with key messaging to capture and deliver high-quality visuals that meet client requirements.
- Engage confidently and assertively with all stakeholders demonstrating flexibility in real-time to quickly adapt in a dynamic environment to influence and maintain quality image capture results that meet requirements.
- Adapt to the changing landscape of visual communications technology by researching the latest trends in visual media and other mediums of visual communications: interactive media, graphic design and web design.
- Candidates are required to provide a portfolio/demo reels of work. Please provide an example(s) for each visual media discipline and provide the role(s) you contributed for each example.
- Must have strong knowledge and expertise in image capture with specialized skills in still photography to include studio portraits; product marketing; on- and off-location event coverage; and client storytelling.
- Must provide their own materials to complete the work including gear for photography, videography, editing and sound.
- Candidate must be able to capture highlighted activity that includes executive and high-level engagement, candid, journalistic photography, and promotional content.
- The role may include the creation of Vlogs, recording live training sessions for later editing and online sharing.
- Experience with YouTube. Manages the creation of video titles, uploads video content. Has proven skills to maximize video reach and increased views utilizing innovative SEO and embedding skills.
- Demonstrate strong knowledge in digital photo manipulation and color correction (Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe Creative Cloud applications as needed). Proficiency in visual storytelling; shot composition; creative lighting techniques; digital capture and transmission; file conversion/compression; digital asset management and audio recording as needed.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic environment with multiple and/or competing deadlines while also meeting strict deadlines and ability to work effectively and collaboratively across organizational boundaries.
- Knowledge or awareness of video production (directing, producing, scriptwriting, editing, motion graphics, processing, transmittal and distribution).
- Proficiency and awareness with video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and After Effects) and other Adobe Creative Cloud applications as needed to create a wide variety of documentation and video production projects using b-roll capture, motion graphics, graphics, titling, music and narration.
- Skills in other visual communications job families are desired: interactive media, graphic design and web design.
- Experience with Facebook Live and other social media distribution channels.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Social media portfolio
- Samples of your photography & videography work used on SOCIAL MEDIA (ideally samples showcasing food, beverage and fashion or travel guides on youtube)
- Include 5 brief stories that demonstrate how you live each one of our company values
- 2 References
- Your rates
(Must be eligible to work in Canada and are located in theVancouver area to apply)
- Pay scale: Contractor