Social media platforms are constantly evolving. What do the latest changes to Facebook mean for businesses who genuinely want to share quality social content with their audience?
Organic reach determines how many eyes see your content without any money behind it. Currently, only 7-12% of your business page posts are shown Facebook followers. Imagine that! You're spending so much time and energy creating great social media posts and only a tiny audience will see it.
Luckily for you, there are some things you can do to work WITH the almighty Facebook. These include:
- Post consistently, at least 3-5 items a week.
- Use your personal Facebook account to drive people you know and trust to your business page or company blog.
- Uncover the most engaging content on your feed is through Facebook Insights.
- Experiment with video. On average, Facebook posts with video get 2.5X more views and comments than other posts.
- Carve out a small advertising budget for Facebook & Instagram ads. Now you can reach a very specific audience through boosted posts and brand awareness ad campaigns.
An example of the effectiveness of Facebook posts without and with a video and boosted to the same audience: